Skip to main content
Borrowing Basics for Students
LIBRARY CARD: The barcode on your current student ID card is your library barcode. If you don't have a student ID card, please contact the Circulation Desk at 978-630-9125.
LOAN PERIOD: 28 days for most MWCC items
CHECK-OUT LIMIT: 20 items
OVERDUE FINES: 5¢ per day. Fines accrue up to $2.00. Fines in excess of $10.00 will result in a hold on a student record.
Reserve Materials for Your Courses
- Instructors place materials (books articles, videos, etc.) on reserve for their students.
- These materials are kept behind the Circulation Desk, and may be checked out to MWCC students with a library card.
- The loan period for items on reserve is determined by the faculty member.
- Reserve materials are arranged according to course number and instructor’s last name.
Overdue & Lost Library Materials
- Overdue MWCC materials accrue fines at 5¢ per day, with a maximum fine of $2.00 per item.
- Materials from the Reserve collection accrue fines of 25¢ per day, with a maximum of $2.00 per item.
- MWCC library materials that are overdue for 28 days will be billed for a replacement cost. A block will be placed on your student record. For more information see the Borrowing Policies.
- Payment for lost items will incur an additional $10.00 processing fee.
Cross Borrowing for Worcester ARC members
The Worcester Academic and Research Collaborative shares their resources through a cross borrowing program. Member libraries include academic, public, and special research libraries. Policies and procedures listed below encourage appropriate use of the libraries collections by faculty, staff, and students.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS