Skip to main content
BEFORE YOU CAN USE WESTLAW, you must set up One Pass:
- Use this link: Westlaw Registration Site
- Enter your registration key, which you should have received via email. If you have not received it, please contact your professor or a librarian. You will also give your first name in the Custom Label box
- Enter your e-mail address and choose CONTINUE
- Enter your information (First name, last name, & confirm e-mail address)
- Create your OnePass Username and Password (remember or write down as this will be used when signing on)
- Enter the three security questions and your answers (to be used for password maintenance reasons)
- Choose CREATE ACCOUNT
- Use the WESTLAW database link to the right once you have registered.
Databases for Legal Research
WESTLAW access is restricted to CURRENT LEGAL STUDIES STUDENTS
USE THIS LINK AFTER YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR A WESTLAW ACCOUNT.
Federal and state cases, statutes & court rules, regulations, administrative decisions & guidance, secondary sources, briefs, proposed & enacted legislation & regulations, and news.
Academic Search Premier will retrieve many articles about law, but not cases or codes. Includes full text articles from Harvard Law Review and Columbia Law Review.
Credo Reference: CRIMINOLOGY & LAW
Start your law research with dictionaries of legal terms, handbooks in criminology, and histories of key cases.
How do I type § on the computer?
- Hold down the ALT key and type 21 on the numeric keypad (not the numbers across the top of the keyboard).
- On a Mac, try ALT 6.
You can use the LIBRARY CATALOG to find law books using keywords. For instance, you can enter any of the following:
- real estate and law
- law and children
- criminal law
If you would prefer to browse the shelves, law books are cataloged under "K----"
Reference Books in the MWCC Library
Legal Latin Terms Game
Use the "Choose a Study Mode" dropdown menu on the lower right for different ways to learn, including flash cards and a practice test.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS