Skip to Main Content
Photography and Filming in the Library and Academic Support Center
If you are an MWCC student, staff, faculty member, or member of the community who would like to photograph or film in the MWCC LaChance Library for non-commercial purposes, please contact the Assistant Dean of Library Services and Technologies.
In keeping with the educational mission of the College, the LaChance Library and Academic Support Center may be used as a location for student or faculty film or video projects. Providing prior notification of your plans to the Assistant Dean of Library Services and Technologies to film or take photos is required. The operations of the LaChance Library and Academic Support Center take priority over filming requests.
Use of photographic or film equipment within the Library and Academic Support Center
- Is only permitted during regular operating hours.
- Must not interfere with the study, research, privacy, or safety needs of users.
- Must not interfere with the ability of library or academic support staff to function.
- Must be done within the parameters of all MWCC policies.
- Must not hinder access to exits, stairways, corridors, doorways, the elevator, or other library facilities.
- May be restricted during midterms or near final examinations.
Responsibilities of the filmmaker, photographer, and/or film crew
- After filming, return library facilities to their original condition. Library staff are not responsible for moving furniture or assisting with setup or breakdown.
- Are responsible for any damage incurred.
- Are not allowed to present any individual in a defamatory manner or violate an individual’s expectation of privacy.
- Persons who will be photographed or recorded are required to be informed beforehand.
- Any individual can decline being photographed or recorded.
- The filmmaker/photographer is responsible for obtaining prior written consent of any individual, including any library users or library staff, who will appear in the photography/filming.
The LaChance Library reserves the right to terminate or refuse permission for any photography or filming that causes a disruption, violates MWCC policies, or that otherwise cannot be accommodated.
Please CONTACT US if you have questions.